We welcome new patients who wish to join us at The Keith Dental Practice
Many new patient’s to the Practice often join as the result of a personal recommendation from existing patients we work hard as a team to ensure that your trip to see us is the best we can make it.
New Patient First Appointment
On your first visit to our practice we always arrange a half hour New Patient Appointment. We will discuss your medical history and conduct a thorough examination of not only your teeth but of your whole mouth which will include necessary x-rays. We would like you to tell us about how you feel about your teeth and gums, what concerns you have regarding them, we feel that it is important that you are fully involved in any decision making.
Following this initial examination and discussion with you we will be able to give you a plan to improve your dental health and an estimate of costs.
1. How healthy do you feel your teeth and gums are? Are you experiencing any bleeding?
2. Any problems or sensitivity?
3. Medical update:
· Are you taking any pills, potions, lotions, or inhalers?
· Have you been to a doctor or a hospital lately?
· Could you be pregnant or menopausal?
· Any allergies?
4. Lifestyle risks check
· Family history of heart or inflammatory diseases
5. We check the progress of your dental health.
6. Are you happy with the appearance of teeth and gums?
7. Health of the lining of the mouth (your oral cancer check).
8. Health of your gums.
9. Presence of plaque and we will show you how to get rid of it.
10. Health of your teeth.
11. Health and stability of your restorations (fillings).
12. Health and comfort of your bite.
13. Health of the bones of your jaw and face.
14. Health of your jaw joint.
We can discuss and offer treatment to give you the dental health and smile you may want.